Please note Announcemnt (below)
about Revised Rules for Membership.
Member Access to the Club Driveway, Shooting
Ranges, and Club House
Entrance: Mid-October 2022
Larger Image (2400x1700
- The clubhouse is closed. It has been winterized - water shut off,
pipes drained, etc. The combination to the lock on the door has been
changed. So, there are no restroom facilities available at the range
until next spring.
- The club driveway is open to vehicular traffic.
- The locks on both the entry gate and clay thrower are now set to
the combination furnished to members for the 2022-23 membership year.
- For range closures due to club-sponsored activities, check the
list of Upcoming Events below.
- The club's ranges may be soggy.
- No motor vehicles are to be driven on the Rifle Range access road
unless the ground is firm and completely dry.
Regular Weekly Events
- No events are currently scheduled
- Five-Stand Shotgun Shooting - Suspended
The twice-weekly 5-stand sessions have been suspended for the fall
hunting seasons and the almost interminable winter snow season. Check
the Events Page for further information.
- Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA) - Suspended
The weekly practice sessions of IDPA shooting have been suspended
until the shooting ranges open in Spring 2023. See the
Events Page for more information.
- Dynamic Carbine Shooting - Suspended
The weekly sessions of carbine shooting have been suspended until the
shooting range opens in Spring 2023. See the
Events Page for more information.
National Rifle Association
- Mid-2022: PLSC Member Information & Rules
have been revised
All members must read and become familiar with the new
versions of the Member Information Range Rules document. Particularly
note changes highlighted in yellow:
These revised rules are now posted on the Members' Rules & Info web page.
- Guest policy
- Indemnity requirement
- Prohibited ammunition types
- Range safety control
- Steel Targets for 22 LR
For 22 rimfire shooters, two racks of steel plinking targets are
in place in front of the 50-yard berm on the rifle range.
Please use ONLY 22 Rimfire ammo when shooting at these
If you are not a member of the PLSC and wish to join, see the
Membership Page. If you were a member
last year and did not receive information about renewing your
membership, you should contact the club secretary. (Club contact information)
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
New applicants for membership must attend a Range Familiarization
& Safety Session. All club members (annual, student, life,
senior) must attend a Session at least once every three years. A
membership card and gate lock combination will be issued only after
timely completion of a session.
Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions may be shown above on the
above list of Upcoming Events, and on the Club Calendar.
If you cannot attend a scheduled session, convenient times can
usually be arranged by contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information)
- Club Photo Gallery
The website now includes a photo gallery of club activities and
interests. It may be accessed with the "Gallery" link on the menu. If
you have a set of photos of club activities or suggestions for
additions and improvements, please contact website maintenance
(Club contact information)
- Portage Lake Sportsmen's Club on Facebook
A Facebook page has now been set up for the club. Here's a link to
the page: PLSC on
Facebook. Please contact the Club Secretary with
suggestions and constructive comments. (Club
• Read NRA Daily Notices
• Read the NRA Club Connection magazine
• Join the NRA at a discount through PLSC