Member Access to Club Driveway, Ranges, and
- The entrance driveway is now closed to vehicular traffic for the
- To avoid becoming stuck in the snow and to
prevent damaging the roadbed, members (and others) should not attempt
to drive through the gateway.
- Club shooting ranges may still be used, but
members will have to park at the road and walk, snowshoe, or ski in
to use them
- DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE GATE. In winter the
driveway must always be available for emergency access. Official
responders are able to open the gate and use snow-going vehicles to
help with emergencies on the club property.
- When you park near the entrance, as a courtesy
please post your cellphone number in your vehicle window in case you
need to be contacted.
- The clubhouse is closed. It has been winterized
- water shut off, pipes drained, etc. The combination to the lock on
the door has been changed. So, there are no restroom facilities
available at the range until next spring.
- The lock on the members' clay thrower is set to
the combination furnished to members for the current membership year.
- When the roadbed firms up after spring thaw, the
driveway will be reopened.
- Please contact the secretary or other officers
with questions and concerrns.
Regularly Scheduled Events
- No events are currently scheduled.
- Check the Calendar page (menu at left page margin) for
unlisted upcoming events
- Five-Stand Shotgun Shooting - Suspended
The twice-weekly 5-stand sessions have been suspended for the fall
hunting seasons and the almost interminable winter snow season. Check
the Events Page for further information.
- Practical Pistol Shooting (IDPA) - Suspended
The summer weekly practice sessions of IDPA shooting have been
suspended for the fall and winter seasons. See the Events Page for more information.
- Dynamic Carbine Shooting - Suspended
The summer weekly sessions of carbine shooting have been suspended
for the fall and winter seasons. See the Events
Page for more information.
National Rifle Association
- April 30 - Important Memo from the Board of Directors
All PLSC members were sent a memo on April 30. It announced the
July increase in dues (below). It also explained reasons for the
increae and described in detail plans and priorities of needed
Current and prospective members who have not received the memo should
contact the PLSC Secretary to obtain a copy.(Club contact information)
- Increase in Membership Dues - July 1, 2023
On April 30, 2023, the Board of Directors sent out a memo notifying
all members of an upcoming dues increase. Beginning July 1, dues will
• Regular Annual Membership: $100
• Student Annual Membership: $50
• Senior Annual Membership: $50
• Life Membership: $1500
Before July 1 current and new members may pay at the current rates.
The Annual Dues Discount Incentive for work performed at the club
Contact the PLSC Secretary with questions.(Club contact information)
- April 30 - PLSC Member Information & Rules have been
All members must read and become familiar with the new version of
the Member Information Range Rules document. Particularly note
changes highlighted in yellow and blue:
The complete, revised rules are now posted on the Members' Rules & Info web page.
- Guest policy
- Indemnity requirement
- Public event policy
- Prohibited ammunition types
- Range safety control
- Steel Targets for 22 LR
For 22 rimfire shooters, steel plinking targets are in place in
front of the 50-yard berm on the rifle range.
Please use ONLY 22 Rimfire ammo when shooting at these
If you are not a member of the PLSC and wish to join, see the
Membership Page. If you were a member
last year (May 2022 thru April 2023) and did not receive information
about renewing your membership, you should contact the club
Secretary. (Club contact information)
- Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions
New applicants for membership must attend a Range Familiarization
& Safety Session. All club members (annual, student, life,
senior) must attend a Session at least once every three years. A
membership card and gate lock combination will be issued only after
timely completion of a session.
Range Familiarization & Safety Sessions may be shown on the list
above of Upcoming Events, and on the Club Calendar. If you cannot attend
a scheduled session, convenient times can usually be arranged by
contacting the Club Secretary. (Club contact information)
- Aerial Views of Club Ranges
On April 26 PLSC member Atrayou Silverly
made some aerial images of the shooting
ranges on the club grounds. You can look
at these in the PLSC photo gallery (Link).
Enlarged views are especially admirable.
- Club Photo Gallery
The website now includes a photo gallery of club activities and
interests. It may be accessed with the "Gallery" link on the menu. If
you have a set of photos of club activities or suggestions for
additions and improvements, please contact website maintenance
(Club contact information)
- Portage Lake Sportsmen's Club on Facebook
A Facebook page has now been set up for the club. Here's a link to
the page: PLSC on
Facebook. Please contact the Club Secretary with
suggestions and constructive comments. (Club
• Read NRA Daily Notices
• Read the NRA Club Connection magazine
• Join the NRA at a discount through PLSC